The work-from-home life comes with pros and cons. Sure, there’s no
commute…but that computer beckoning you to put in longer hours
adds up to more time staring at a screen. And that can cause eyestrain,
dry eyes, blurry vision and trouble focusing at a distance.
To protect your eyes:
• Keep your glasses or contacts prescription updated and
appropriate for looking at a computer screen.
• Talk to your doctor about computer glasses if eye strain persists.
• Avoid glare from windows and lights. Use an anti-glare
screen if needed.
• If your eyes are dry, blink more and use artificial tears.
• Use the 20/20/20 guide: rest your eyes every 20 minutes and
look 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
• Set an alarm to get up every 2 hours and take a 15-minute break.
You might even try reclaiming your former commute time by
dedicating a block on your schedule for important self-care,
including your precious eye sight.